Why are you placing your FOOTPRINT?
- Africa is our home, filled with beautiful people, places and animals – Our heritage – and it belongs to US!!!
- Many people from all over the world visit Africa as tourists to come and enjoy this natural heritage. In particular, they come on SAFARI to see the wild animals that live in our Game Reserves, especially the BIG 5.
- Sadly, much of this natural heritage is being stolen from us by greedy and unscrupulous groups of foreigners who take what belongs to us and sell OUR PROPERTY for large sums of money.
- For example, they kill our elephants for their tusks and rhinos for their horns. They sell these to people in Asia who believe that rhino horn can cure many diseases and they make jewellery, statues and other trinkets from ivory and rhino horn.
- Three rhinos are killed every day and four elephants are killed every hour! There are not enough rhinos or elephants to satisfy these greedy people and so these animals will soon become EXTINCT – there will be NONE left!
- The BIG 5 will become the BIG 4 or the BIG 3 if we ALLOW this to carry on. Tourists will STOP VISITING OUR BEAUTIFUL CONTINENT because there will be NOTHING LEFT TO SEE. Tourists bring LOTS of money to Africa – this will be LOST and people who work in the tourist industry will lose their jobs. Africa will become poorer!
- It is time to put a stop to this and YOU CAN HELP! You have the power to say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!